March for a Voice
A kid-centered march and art project focused on issues they care about!
On Sunday, October 21st, kids lead the way. The Young and Might March for a Voice will parade through the streets of Queens. Kids will be affected by the election this November and don't have a vote. But they do have a voice. Let's make sure it's heard.
The march route will start and end at Lou Lodati Park in Sunnyside. Marchers will walk east on Skillman Ave., loop around to 43rd Ave. at 48th St. and then head back to Lou Lodati for a celebration.
FREE WORKSHOPS FOR KIDS!
In the 2 weeks leading up to the march, workshops led by professional artists will be hosted around the neighborhood. At the workshops, kids will:
- Make awesome signs and puppets to bring to the march.
- Connect with other kids and discuss their ideas about changes they'd like to see in the world.
- Learn the concept of civic-action, and the role marches have had in our country.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- This is a PEACEFUL, POSITIVE, and CREATIVE project, focused on highlighting the hopes and dreams of kids in Western Queens through art. Messages of non-tolerance, bullying, will not be permitted.
- Electioneering will not be permitted.
- Guardians should plan to attend events and support their child's ideas and art making on how to make the world a better place.
- Programming is geared towards ages 5-14 but all ages are welcome.
CALL FOR PARTNERS
The Young and Mighty March for a Voice seeks partners who can help mobilize kids on the issues they care about.
3 WAYS TO PARTNER
Level 1 - Host a workshop in your space.
Level 2 - Bring your group of young people to the events.
Level 3 - Spread the word about the March
AS A PARTNER, YOUR GROUP WILL PARTNERSHIP INQUIRIES
If your organization wishes to partner with us contact us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you there.
Please direct all press inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit our website paradenyc.org for more information on the march and how to get involved.